The Committee of 100 (C100), an international non-profit membership organization that brings a Chinese American perspective to issues concerning Asian Americans and U.S.- China relations, is hiring a full-time Program Associate in New York City to help with program planning and executive support.
Program Associate – Full-Time Positions Available
Position Description: The position of Program Associate is a full-time position based in C100’s principal office in New York, New York, U.S.A. You will report to the Chief of Staff of C100. As the Program Associate, your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Program Development: in coordination with senior staff, build and grow C100 programs under its three pillars – US-China trust-building, Chinese Americans for Greater Inclusion and Next-Generation Leadership Development, and support content and programming for C100 engagement platforms – website, conferences, member briefings, newsletters and social media.
- Executive /Administrative Support: provide administrative support to senior staff and assist with daily office administrative logistics; support operational budget management; prepare briefings and meeting materials for senior staff; draft program and event budgets; draft, edit, and proofread documents and update organizational database and maintain office inventory.
- Event Planning/Execution: collaborate with fellow staff and field associates in planning and executing all facets of C100 events. Responsibilities include coordinating registration process and post-event follow-up, liaising with vendors, producing collaterals, managing volunteers, etc.
- Respectful professional demeanor; courteous phone manner; previous office management experience a plus
- Keen sense of judgment and confidentiality, and a strong team player
- Highly organized and detail-oriented – a great problem-solver
- Strong communication skills – verbal, oral and interpersonal skills
- Advanced working proficiency in Mandarin a plus
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; social and digital media-savvy
- Minimum education qualification – 4-year degree; post-graduate education in Asian American Studies, East Asian Studies, Ethnic Studies, Business, International Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related fields a plus
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter with the subject heading “APPLICANT FOR PROGRAM ASSOCIATE – <FULL NAME> to email@example.com.
Part time positions not available at this time.
We welcome interested candidates based in New York, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, the Bay Area, and in Beijing to serve as volunteers for future C100 events. If you’re interested in participating as a volunteer, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in supporting our mission!
Headquarters: New York, New York
The Committee of 100 is an international non-partisan leadership organization of over 150 extraordinary Chinese Americans in business, government, academia, entertainment, and the arts. Founded in 1990 by I.M. Pei, Yo-Yo Ma, Henry S. Tang, Oscar Tang, Shirley Young, and the late Chien-Shiung Wu, the Committee has been committed for over 25 years to a dual mission of promoting the full participation and inclusion of Chinese Americans in all fields of American life, and encouraging constructive relations between the peoples of the United States and Greater China.
Intern – Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available
Location: New York City
Reports to: Full-Time Staff, with opportunity to work directly with senior level staff
- Provide programmatic, event management, and administrative assistance
- Tasks will depend on skills offered
- Committed to Asian American and/or U.S.-China issues
- Pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in reputable school
- Highly driven and detail-oriented
- Professional demeanor
- Able to produce written deliverables with zero spelling and grammatical mistakes
- Competency in Chinese language and culture is a plus
- Candidates should be available to work 10-20 hours a week (part-time). Work Study is an option.
- Unpaid internship
Please describe your qualifications and explain your interest in this position in an email, serving as a formal cover letter, to: email@example.com (Please attach your CV/resume)